6/6/15

Our Baby! ~ 13 Weeks

5/31/15

All week long I was looking forward to our sonogram on Friday. Although really I was trudging through the work week, tired from the lake!

I was nervous / excited because I felt like after this one, I could finally take a breath. We were finally going to get to announce our joyous news. After waiting two months! I had a tiny at-my-desk meltdown Friday around lunch where I started to get scared. Ryan was coming with me this time and the last time he and I had been at a sono together, with my OB, and with the same sonographer as last time, we had heard bad news. I hated that my mind was flashing back to that but it was hard not to.

I shared my concerns with a moms group I'm apart of and one of the sweet girls spoke this verse over me.


2 Timothy 1:7 ~ For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.


I wrote it down in front of me so that I could see it until it was time to leave. I started to cry a little but pulled it together and made it through the next few hours. Ryan said he was excited!

The doctor's office was slow and we got right in. She quickly found the baby and before we could see or hear the heartbeat we saw it move a little. yay! Baby Ivey measured 13 weeks, 1 day (3 days ahead!) with a heartbeat of 161. What a relief. Seriously.

I jokingly asked her if she was ever able to tell the gender this early so she looked around and said, hmmm, if I had to guess right now I'd say...

ha! Who knows! But here is our precious baby continuing to grow.

Baby is about 3 inches ~ The size of a small peach!

Ryan had said that he wanted to tell our Sunday School class before I posted anything so I decided to honor his wishes and not complain. :> Instead Karlyn and I went out and I ate the largest turkey burger I could find. Minus the avocado which (thank you little one) I cannot stomach right now.


Sunday finally came. Our pastor preached about how we should pray when going through trials and struggles. In the midst of it, we have to know that God is TRUSTWORTHY. If we can't trust Him, then what do we have to lean on in those hard moments or YEARS of life? Sometimes when we pray for God to do a certain thing or to act in a certain way, we might be praying against His will. Yes, the Bible teaches that we can certainly pray for healing. We can pray for God to answer our prayers and pour out to Him the desires of our heart but ultimately...ultimately we need to be praying for His Will. 

We are praying and hoping that this baby is His will for us this year. What a gift. It was also neat because Karlyn told us on the way home from church today that her Sunday School lesson was about Hannah. We asked her what Hannah prayed for and she said, "a baby." She told us that Hannah named her son Samuel, which means, "God has heard." We are so thankful that God hears us at all times.

Here is baby Ivey at 13 weeks!

Outtake



No comments: