3/9/15

8 Years


8 years ago we said "I DO."


I love this man.

Marriage isn't always rosy. We've had our ups and downs for sure but I am so grateful that he's stuck by my side.

I don't think either of us knew what lay up ahead when we stood at the altar that day and exchanged vows.

Heck, we still don't! But I do know that God brought us together and that marriage is a very sanctifying thing. It's a struggle at times. It's blissful. It's comfortable. It's hard. It's encouraging where there's doubt and lifting up when there's a fall. Ultimately, it's a commitment and choosing to honor that commitment.

We got to spend a really fun Saturday together - more time than we've had alone in a long time - just to do whatever we wanted. We strolled through furniture stores, I drug him up and down shoe aisles, we ate at Macaroni Grill, and then ended up at the mall for ice cream. Super fun.


Here's to 8 more!

2 comments: