1/6/14

Turning 3, Dora Style


Late birthday post!

Despite our efforts to keep her from growing, Karlyn turned three in December. I knew trying to add a party in with closing on our house and moving was going to be tough but we somehow pulled it off. I'm going to give myself a pat on the back here and say that Ryan was working a ton so I pretty much did this all by myself. :> Go mom!

Karlyn loves two things. Dora and Purple. I ran with it and we had a Dora purple party that was really fun. A lot of our family was able to come which made it so special and memorable. We'll always remember the first big gathering we hosted in this house. I was fortunate to be able to take off from work two days before the party so I had a good amount of time to decorate and get things ready. I'm NO professional decorator or party planner but somehow a little bit comes out in me each December and I make it work.









Someone was super excited about making purple frosting.














I thought I  bought the only Dora card... I was wrong! Karlyn got Dora pillows, dolls, stickers, socks, and more!



Even though mommy was slightly stressed pre-party we ended up having a great time and I think Karlyn really enjoyed it. I can't believe my baby is 3!!! We rounded out the day with some new toy playing and frosting bowl eating. After all, it's not every day that purple buttercream comes around.





Happy Birthday Karlyn!



1 comment:

Amanda said...

I still can't believe she is three! You did a great job! It was a great party and your house is beautiful!