12/29/13

2014 Reading


I've been thinking about some different books I want to read in 2014. I didn't read much this past year and that's sad because reading is one of my favorite things to do! A few times lately, I've picked up a book and put it back down after only a few chapters but I need to follow through. This is one of my goals for 2014, but more on that later.


Here's a list of what I'm hoping to read this year. I'm also going to bookmark it at the top of my blog as as "page" so I don't forget. 


  • Practical Paleo - I own this book and have made several recipes out of it but it's so much more than a cookbook. It's a complete nutritional manual on eating clean and I intend to sit down and read it. Side note: this book is worth buying for the Mustard Glazed Chicken recipe alone!
  • Wheat Belly - I've seen this around or reference to it and it's another I want to read and probably own. I've eaten a gluten-free diet since April so why not add more info and motivation to keep on keepin' on.
  • The Honest Life - I'll be honest (ha!) and say that I don't know a ton about this book. I saw it in Target the other day and it looked like something I'd enjoy. Jessica Alba, creator of The Honest Company, is the author.
  • Against All Grain - This title is pretty self-explanatory. Danielle just recently released her book and I bet there are some amazing recipes inside!
  • Lights Out: Sleep, Sugar, and Survival - I can't remember where I heard this title but I jotted it down in the "Notes" section on my phone and since I've dealt with on and off sleep issues, I figure it's a good one to add to the list.
  • One Way Love: Inexhaustible Grace for an Exhausted World - My wonderful former pastor recommended this book and I can't wait to read it.

Well that's all for now! I need some "just for fun" books to add so if you've got any suggestions, leave them in the comments. Tell me what YOU want to read in 2014!



No comments: