1/7/13

T.R.U.S.T.


So.  I decided to come up with a word for the year.  I've heard of blogger's doing this and I think it will be helpful.  Plus, mine came to me in about two seconds so I think that's a good indication that this is the one.

TRUST

Wikipedia defines trust as: 
Firm belief in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of someone or something.

Why this word?  It's where I'm at right now.  I'm hopeful, I need to grow my faith, and I need to stop worrying so much.  I need to remind myself of truth and I need to believe that the one inside me (Jesus!) is greater than the mess outside of me.  In my mind that all boils down to trust.  

Where is my trust at?  Is it in myself?  Is it in another human?

I feel like my dad here but I came up with an alliteration. :-)

T - Total
R - Reliance
U - Under
S - Sovereign
T - Timing

Ok, so it's not perfect but it works!  I want to put all of my trust in my Savior and rely on him for the strength and patience that I need.  I want my life to be under His will.  I want to rest in His sovereign timing.  That's really the key.  His, not mine.  He knows best.  He works it out for my best.  Always.

Even if I disagree.  <---  Imagine that.

I also decided to make a goal for 2013 of memorizing one verse a week.  That's doable right?  Funny, but this was the verse (actually verses) that I chose first.

I like how The Message phrases it~


Trust God from the bottom of your heart;
    don’t try to figure out everything on your own.
Listen for God’s voice in everything you do, everywhere you go;
    he’s the one who will keep you on track.


So that's my word and my goal.  This is such a hard thing for me to get and to live out.  It's so me to want to say, "Are you sure God?  Don't you think you missed a step back there?  I really think if we did it this way..."


Do you have a word for the year?  A goal?  Share it with me!  I'd love to hear.  And please ask me which verse I'm working on if you see me. :>





No comments: