11/3/12

All the single ladies


Kar and I had single girl dinners tonight.  We split an avocado - she had two eggs, and I had a pork chop.  Then I made some sweet potato brownies and ate one or two with ice cream for good measure.
 
How good is the movie Juno?!  It's on right now...almost over and I've been watching.  Good times.  This never happens though.  Hubby went on a man date, Karlyn went to bed, and guess who gets the couch AND the remote?  This girl.  It's just me and the dog and a comfy blanket. 
 
I really should be productive but I don't see it happening.  Besides, I did accomplish something today.  I ordered Karlyn's birthday invitations!  Or invitation.  It's actually a printable image I bought off Etsy that I can print wherever I want.  It's SO cute!  I hope it looks as good as I think it will.
 
Speaking of, that girl just can't catch a break.  This morning she woke up with a crusty eye and I didn't think anything of it at first.  I tried to clean it out but she wouldn't let me.  Then I noticed her eyelid looked a little swollen.  Uh oh.  I thought it might be pink eye and knew our pediatrician's office kept some weekend hours so I called and got us in.  She does has pink eye in both eyes so after having just finished ear drops for one week, we now have to do eye drops for one week.  Do you know how easy and fun it is to get a 22 month old to let you put drops in their eyes?  Not very.
 
Needless to say, I'm staying home with her tomorrow and then she should be ok to go back to school on Monday.  I'm just so ready for her to be well and healthy!  She had an upper respiratory and ear infection, but the ear infection didn't clear up.  So we did another antibiotic.  Then, the ear drum apparently burst so we had to do ear drops and now this.  Poor baby.  :-(  It's going to be a long winter if this is the pattern.
 
Luckily, she still acted like herself today.  Love that kid.  Oh.  Oh!  It's time change night people.  This is the good one.  Except for that whole less daylight thing.  And the fact that there's no way to predict what kind of havoc it will wreak on the wee ones.  Such is motherhood.

Sleep tight!


No comments: