11/16/12

23 Months...and teary blogs


I just got teary.  I love reading blogs and I love to blog hop and find great sites from the blogs I already read.  I read this post and was brought to tears.  What a sweet and sad story...but with a happy ending!
 
My favorite was at the end when she said~
 
"Grief births joy in God’s economy. Peace enters the unlikeliest spaces. Grace extends in tiny and life-changing ways." 
 
Beautiful.  Life is so, so precious.  Even when it's hard.  Even when it goes away.  Even when I get super frustrated over something so silly as my toddler not taking her medicine.  Life is precious.
 
My daughter is 23 months old today.  My daughter that I waited for longer than I wanted to.  Longer than I thought I should have to.  Longer than I thought was necessary.  To this day it still blows my mind that I can have doubts.  That I still doubt God's timing and I still doubt his goodness.  I continue to wonder if His plan is best.  Even when I look into her blue eyes and know that there is no other child on earth that could possibly be more perfect for me and her daddy.  Even when I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that she was the baby we were supposed to have and God had me wait for a reason.  She's perfect!  No, not in the literal sense but in the I couldn't have done it better myself if I'd tried.  And I did try.
 
As we enter this upcoming month and the holiday season, I know I'll be a little teary.  I know I'll think as the days tick by that I would be right around the corner from the birth of our second.  I know I'll wonder what's up ahead and I'll wonder how it's all going to play out.  But I hope that I choose to replace doubt with trust.  I hope I remind myself that grief births joy in God's economy.
 
 
Happy 23 months Karlyn.  You're a joy.

No comments: