10/16/11

Sweet Potatoes. Mashed!

I got really excited about these but before you go and do the same, understand that I'm currently on a semi-restricted diet for an "Eat Real" challenge I'm doing.  They tasted delicious to me!  If you like/love sweet potatoes, you'll like these too!

Here's step by step what I did: 

Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Coconut Milk ~ Taken from my "Weelicious" app. Check out the website!

2-3 sweet potatoes (or yams?) I'll never understand the difference
1 can of coconut milk (find this in the asian section of your grocery store)
Cinnamon







Ok, bake your potatoes.  I did mine at 400 degrees for about an hour and a half.  Skin em ;>  Plop em in a blender or food processor.  I used the Vitamix.  Add about 1/3 cup of coconut milk and 1 teaspoon (ish) of cinnamon.  Blend.  Or pulse.  However you want the consistency to be.  That's it!  Very yum and pretty easy.  I did two at a time then did the third potato on its own.  You could even do these without a blender.  They might be thicker/chunkier that way. 

When you can't eat sugar, these are quite the thrill :-)

Let me know if you make them and what you think!


2 comments:

the mom diggity said...

Yummy! Sounds like a great fall dish!

Kati said...

They really are good! A nice break from regular old baked ones :>