10/16/11

10 Months!

Karlyn, you have officially entered double digit months!  I can't believe it.  That just puts us one month closer to 1.  And I don't want to talk about it.  ;)


Did you know that you are my best baby girl friend?  ha ha.  I tell her that.

Here's what you're up to sunshine~

You took you first steps 4 days ago!!  Your daddy and I watched in shock.  Ever since then you will let go of whatever you're holding onto and try again but you only take about 1 step before you plop down on your bottom.  That's ok.  We're good with that not happening just quite yet.

You still have just 2 bottom teeth.  You take 2 naps a day and you sleep from about 8:00 to 7:00.  Usually.  You love to eat as always and some of your favorites are peas, pasta with sauce, and apples that I cook on the stove with cinnamon.


You're really starting to interact with Dodger and you like to pull his hair and annoy him.  Toys you love are your football from daddy's work, your telephone, and a new toy I bought you that you can push and walk with.  We'll work on turning.

You say "ma ma ma ma" and "da da da da" and I'm trying to teach you how to give kisses, but you don't get it.  You just say "mmmmmmm ah!" 


We took you to your first football game this weekend and you loved the people watching.  You like to follow me all over the house and you cry if you're in the room with daddy and I go into another room and close the door.  You developed a love of shoes over the past month and you're simply fascinated by them.  If they're on your feet, you're touching them...but really you want to hold them!  One in each hand and you'll get pretty darn mad if we take them away.  It's hilarious.


You're getting more hair.  See???  You let me brush it but that really doesn't do much.  ha.  You are such a good, happy, and content little baby and we greatly appreciate that!  You're curious about everything, including the dog food which you've tried to eat now multiple times.  You don't love getting dressed sometimes and changing your diaper can be like wrestling a calf.  Not that I would know what that's like though.


The bows don't get worn so much anymore.  I did my best for a few shots here but you like to just pull it completely off.  That's ok.  They look pretty hanging on your wall. 

I've been doing some living room workouts and you make them quite entertaining.  You crawl all under and over me and definitely give me added resistance!  It's hard to do a push-up with you underneath me!  You love when daddy gets home from work and you try so hard to get to his computer and push the buttons before he gets to you.  Daddy tells me all the time that he's so glad we have you and what a great kid you are.


Karlyn, I can't wait to see you grow even more over the next few months.  I'm so blessed to actually get to see your day to day changes and personality and lovable face.  Daddy and I LOVE YOU!  Happy 10 months baby girl!

*Oh, and fun little tid bit.  This dress you're wearing?  It was mine!  Your great grandmother gave it to me for my 2nd birthday.  Yes, that's right.  It's a size 2T.  ;-)

2 comments:

The Norvells said...

she's looking more and more like you each day. I can't believe how old she is either! Exciting for you both to get to watch her grow.

Amanda said...

I mean, can she be anymore precious???? Love her! Happy 10 months Karlyn!