8/26/11

A quiz and the flat iron from above

Let's take a little quiz.

When your husband's gone to a football game, you can:

a) snack on brownies while you make yourself dinner

b) blog in silence, without a disturbing episode of "The First 48" on in the background

c) watch whatever you want on tv and hold the remote

What's your answer?? 

All 3 is correct!  You're so smart.

Ok, you don't have to think anymore.  Did I tell you that my CHI flat iron died on Sunday?  Because it did.  Luckily, I was pretty much done doing my hair for church.  Not so luckily, the iron is 3 years old and I have no receipt, no box, and no warranty.  These things cost a pretty penny!  They're regularly $150.00 at Ulta and even though they're on sale right now for $100.00, Ryan wasn't sold on the fact that I needed to immediately replace it we didn't really have an extra $100.00 just lying around.  I tried to look on the bright side.  I got my hair trimmed yesterday and thought maybe taking a break from straightening might be a good thing after all this Summer heat. 

Ryan and I have been trying, after years of failed attempts, to be regular about reading our Bibles together and praying.  It's something I really want us to do and I love it when we actually make the time for it.  So we decided to read through James and last night we read that...every good and perfect gift comes from above.  I JOKINGLY tweeted that I would begin watching the skies for my new flat iron :)  I think sometimes God sets little suprises up for us.  I know God probably has bigger things on His mind than whether or not my hair is straight but I've had several instances over the past few years where something I've wanted and/or needed has been either given to me or provided in some neat way.  Anyhoo.  I mentioned to my mom last night about the death of my styling tool and she mentioned that she'd just signed up for something similar to Groupon called, Deals in DFW.  You get a daily e-mail about deals in the metroplex...and wouldn't you know it, she said that yesterday's deal was for a flat iron.  What luck!  I tried to find it last night but couldn't so she e-mailed me the link this morning.  There were 15 hours left for the "deal."  I got it!  I've never heard of this brand so I'm hoping I like it.  They said it was a $162 value AND I got $10 off just for signing up for the daily e-mail deals.  Score!  I got it for $35.  I'm really excited and can't wait to get it. 

http://www.dealsindfw.com/2011/08/26/Beauty-Tip-4-Use-the-Best-Products-Top-Brand-Flat-Iron-Over-70-off



In other news...Karlyn's not feeling good.  She woke up last night for the first time in weeks.  She laid in our bed some but neither of us could really sleep so I took her back to her room, changed her, fed her, rocked her, and got her back to sleep.  That was my first clue that something was up.  Today she was DROOLY, FUSSY, and CLINGY.  She also kept sneezing and had a slight but clear runny nose.  I really don't think she's sick.  Our sitter said her daughter was sneezing too and that she doesn't seem sick, so we're wondering if it's allergies.  Karlyn also is teething I think and I'm expecing some more nights like the past one ahead until I see some new teeth.  We'll see.  She didn't even finish her bottle before bed and sounded just a bit congested.  Poor baby :(  I like my happy girl.

Tomorrow night we're supposed to celebrate my father-in-law's birthday so hopefully she feels up to that.  I feel like I had more to write but I'm forgetting it...I think it's time for some of that watching whatever I want I talked about earlier.  It's the weekend!

No comments: