8/31/11

Doc visits and crib firsts

Ugh. My throat hurts.  It's that first tickle - I actually woke up with it - that you feel before it gets worse.  I don't have time, nor the desire to get sick!

I feel beat up by this day.  About 10 minutes after I'd been at work, I got a phone call from Karlyn's sitter saying she had thrown up her bottle and some mucus.  tmi?  I'd been debating on whether or not to make her a dr's appointment and that made my decision for me.  We saw Dr. W. today and it turns out Kar has a right ear infection and a lot of drainage.  Amoxicillin for everyone!  10 days.  I felt so bad for her because the male nurse had to show me how to use the nose bulb sucker (still don't know if I can do it right) and she was screaming and squirming the whole time...AFTER doing the same while the doctor tried to examine her.


We came home and we both got on our laptops.  She likes to blog upside down...

I wanted her to take a nap but this is what she did instead.



Glad to see a little ear pain isn't throwing her off her game!  And good thing we lowered the crib a few weeks ago.

I really, really, REALLY don't want to get sick but Ryan woke up with a sore throat too.  And I feel a bit run down.  And HOT.

Today is the last day of August.  Can I get a what WHAT!  *Old sorority saying*  To quote my co-worker..."Don't let the door hit ya on the way out!"  I am so entirely over August and this whole heat wave and I cannot wait to be freezing. cold.  Hypothermia??  Bring it on.

Say a prayer for us Ivey's that we all start feeling better.  I want to enjoy the upcoming 3 day weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

love the new blog. what a gifted and talented baby!! grandmother

Anonymous said...

love your new blog site!
Leslie