7/21/11

Stress Management

Dear Lord, thank you that tomorrow is Friday.

I spent the entire day yesterday thinking it was Thursday.  Alas, it was not.

I've been in kind-of a funk this week.  And I think I know why.  But I already wrote a long-winded post about that here.  Yes, we're done.  No, I haven't cried yet.  Yes, it fees a little weird.  And sad.  But no, I don't regret my decision.  I'm just ready to feel normal again and like myself.  Oh, and look like my normal self too.  And that's all I'll say about that.

The whole getting-ready-in-the-morning process has been stressing me out too.  I don't know if it's gotten worse with age or if it's the fact that I now have a mini-me to get ready in the morning along with myself, but I just. don't. like. mornings.  They stink.  Unfortunately though, I have a feeling that mornings will continue to happen.  Therefore I need a plan...a way to make mornings less cranky, less rushed, and less blah.

Here's some things I could and should do that might help:

  1. Work out first thing - this always puts me in a better mood and starts the day on a positive note.

  2. Pray - I know I need to check in with God first and ask Him to help me get through my day.  Checking in with facebook doesn't seem to help...

  3. Eat a solid breakfast and take my vitamins - I've been scarfing down cereal but I could probably come up with something better and more fruit-like.

  4. PACK, PREP, AND PREPARE the night before - This is really the biggie.  I have GOT to get Karlyn's bag packed and my lunch packed the night before, and do any b-fast prep work.  It's stressful doing it in the morning and rushing around is not fun.  Because ya know,  mornings are supposed to be fun.

  5. Realize and be grateful of the fact that yes, although I am having to fly around like a crazy woman to get out the door with my daughter and to work by 8:00, I'm only there 4 hours and I can do anything for four hours.  Even the tasks that get handed to me that no one else wants to do.  Those.


On a much happier and stress-free note, I finally picked out and ordered Karlyn's convertible car seat today!  Yesterday and today I spent a good chunk of time checking out various websites and car seat brands...Babies R Us, Buy Buy Baby (even drove there), Target, Wal-Mart, Amazon.  There are so many choices!  Sheesh.  So I finally picked one and I'm happy to say I scored $60 off the regular price AND got free shipping!  I think we're going to be really happy with it and it should last a while and keep our little goober snug, safe, and secure.  I got this one!  So that's one less thing to stress about.

But here's one more to add.  We have an animal in the attic.  Somewhere.  Sometimes.  And it's making nose and waking us up at night.  Awesome. :-)

 

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I get everything ready the night before and it is amazing the time that I can save. Every night before bed I put my purse, book and lunch kit (and anything else that needs to leave the house with me) on the arm of the chair that way all I have to do is grab my lunch out of the fridge and go. I also get the coffee ready with the timer set so that will be ready when I get up! But I totally know the rushing feel and nothing can ruin my day faster than feeling rushed!

Amanda Estes said...

Yay for the new carseat! You should be proud of all of the hard work you do for your daughter! I know it's a hard time but you did a great job! I know I will have to start a routine when I go back to work so let me know how it goes - starting with packing the night before. Love ya friend!