7/16/11

7 months!

If I don't write this, can she just stay 6 months forever?  I am not ok with my sweet little chunker getting bigger right before my eyes.

[caption id="attachment_2406" align="alignnone" width="500" caption="My girly"][/caption]

Karlyn, I know I've said this before, but you just keep getting more and more fun.  Funner.  I'm saying it, I don't care.  I'm torn between getting excited at the thought of things to come, like you toddling around the house
but never getting into things you shouldn't, painting your nails, and going to movies together, and wanting you to stay little forever and let me nurse you to sleep for the rest of our lives.  Ok, that might be a bit much.

Here's what you're up little miss:

Eating ~ You still like to eat but lately you're so interested in what's going on around you and playing that you kinda lose interest half-way through a bottle.  You're eating a dinner-time meal ususally of oatmeal cereal mixed with fruit or veggie and soon I'm going to add some lunch.  Today for lunch you had avacado mixed with banana!  We went to the playtex drop-in bottles and I don't know WHY I waited so long to switch from Dr. Browns.  These are a heck of a lot easier.  I'm still nursing you once a day (we just dropped the morning feed!) and I'm going back and forth on the one before bed.  I know I will miss it...maybe a bit longer.



Sleeping ~ Thank you the Lord you're sleeping through the night again...from about 7:30 or 8:00 to 6:30 in the morning.  I'm loving it!  Your naps have gotten longer too; you even took a 2 hour siesta the other day in your crib.  It was glorious.  I told your dad that I kinda missed you being in our bed.  KIDDING.  Kinda.



Playing ~ You like to play, and you're starting to play really well all by yourself.  You can sit up well now although you still topple over every now and then.  You're not crawing yet.  Instead you hike up one leg like you're going to and then just roll over onto your back.  You like to play with your rattles, Sophie the giraffe, and with any toy that makes a crinkling sound.  I opened a few new toys for you this past week: your first baby doll and your first purse!  Your baby doll makes infant sounds? and you smile when you hear them.  Daddy plays with you by hanging you upside down and trying to teach you to crawl/walk.  Um, no thank you...not yet!

[caption id="attachment_2411" align="alignnone" width="500" caption="Awww..."][/caption]

What else.  You sqawk like a pterodactyle and it cracks us up.  You also learned to make "indian sounds" by bouncing your fist against your mouth while you make noise.  It's the cutest thing ever.  You will NOT stay still while I change your diaper or get you dressed.  You want to flip over on your stomach or grab whatever's closest on the dresser.  If I didn't hold on to you,  you'd flip right off!  You still say "da da da" but will not make the "M" sound.  YOU HAVE 2 TEETH NOW!!  The second one on bottom just came in on Thursday and I can feel it.  I can see the one that's in good now when you smile and it's adorable.  You're in size 3 diapers (Huggies!) and you wear size 6-9 months clothes.  You're getting a little more hair on the top of your head.

[caption id="attachment_2412" align="alignnone" width="500" caption="Stinker"][/caption]

You traveled for the first time with us to the lake house and did really well.  You also had some 6 month (almost 7) pictures taken and you totally hammed it up for them and gave us the biggest smiles.  I love them and we got a couple familiy pics too.  It was last minute and maybe not perfect but we got it captured and you were too cute.



Karlyn, every day with you is a gift and even on the tough days, you make it all better!  Mommy and daddy love you sweet girl. ~xoxo

4 comments:

Jess@atasteofconfidence said...

I love these posts. She is so precious!

Karen said...

Her bows are awesome. Love big bows on baby girls.

Shannon said...

Happy 7 months sweet girl!!!! You just keep getting cuter and cuter!

Amanda Estes said...

Love her!!! Happy 7 months Karlyn!