2/3/10

Choc-o-LOVE

Brownies.

You know you love them.

I have a thing for them.  I just can't resist!  And don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about when I say that licking the batter bowl is almost the. best. part.  Ok, so it is.

I can remember my parents getting together with their friends when I was younger- one couple in particular- and there would always be brownies.  My friend Jessica and I could count on it.!

I recently picked up a new brownie mix though.  I found it at Tom Thumb and since I love their pancake mix, I knew I wouldn't be disappointed.  Can you believe this mix is normally about $8?? Eek.  Well, it was on SALE so I knew I had to nab it! (is it knab?)

Big Bear Brownies.  Whole Wheat & Double Chocolate.  Sounds good to me!!!

Per the instructions, I added: 1/2 stick of melted butter + 1/4 c. of applesauce (you can use all butter or all applesauce), 2 T. oil, 2 T. water, and 2 eggs.  Mix, mix, mix.

I plopped that yumminess into an 8x8 pan and yeah.  Licked the bowl.  Not really...I used a spoon.  Give me a little credit :>

(before)

(after)

I let 'em cool before I dug in tasted one. 



Oh my gosh ya'll.  These are freakin fantastic.!  I didn't know at first, but there are chocolate chips inside too! (Thus the double chocolate)  They don't melt during cooking so you get to bite into a nice solid chip nestled in soft fudgy brownie.  Ahhh.  Too good for words.

But really, I like this mix!  Yes, it's 5x what you'll pay for Duncan Hines but listen to the ingredients:

crystallized cane juice, 100% whole grain wheat flour, all natural dark chocolate chips, natural cocoa, natural vanilla, salt, leavening, vital wheat gluten

Natural brownies!  Or at least pretty darn close.  I think they have just gotten better since Sunday too.  They taste like I said, natural-ish, and very satisfying.  They don't have that fake SUGARY makes you want to eat the whole pan taste.  Give 'em a try!

After I made brownies on Sunday, I decided to give myself a mani/pedi.  Cheaper than the salon although quite the time consumer.


What's better than chocolate brownies & chocolate nails? :>

I think nothing.

No comments: