1/3/10

Daily Light

My friend Lindy gave me a devotional book called Daily Light when I was going away to college.  It is small, bound by a forest green leather cover and has spoken to me on so many occasions.  There are two short readings for each day made up of different verses, or parts of verses about certain subjects- one for the morning and one at night.  I wanted to share what I read on January 1, the second reading.

The Lord, He is the one who goes before you.  He will be with you, He will not leave you nor forsake you.

If Your Presence does not go with us, do not bring us up from here.  O Lord, I know the way of man is not in himself; it is not in man who walks to direct his own steps.

The steps of a good man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way.  Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; for the LORD upholds him with His hand.

I am continually with You; You hold me by my right hand.  You will guide me with your cousel, and afterward receive me to glory.  For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

This was such an encouragement to me as we start off a new year.  I can relax and allow God to lead and direct my steps.  Or I can worry and fret and try to make things happen in my own strength.  I may fall and I probably will but His hand is there to pull me up.  Nothing can separate me from his love. 

May this year be one where we begin to allow His strength to be displayed in our lives.


No comments: