6/2/09

Green Mornings

"You are the only person on earth who can use your ability." I read this quote today by Zig Ziglar. I love it. It means that God has given each of us certain talents and abilities that can only be used by...each one of us! Sometimes I don't feel as smart as someone else or maybe I wish like crazy I had their personality, but I don't. I have my own unique quirks and skills that shine brightest when I embrace them and use what I've been given. So go use your abilities! Whatever they are!!

Speaking of abilities, sooome bloggers have the ability to make a GREEN smoothie look and sound appealing. "Green Monster's" they've been dubbed, and of course my curiosity was piqued. Could you really not taste the spinach!? Ahh! I had to try it. But first I started with my own smoothie recipe, that evolved over a couple of days.

Strawberry Banana Graham Cracker Smoothie
  • 1 banana

  • 4 fresh or frozen strawberries

  • 1 T. ground flax seed

  • 1 T. wheat germ

  • 1 heaping T. chocolate protein powder

  • 1 capful vanilla

  • 1/4 to 1/2 c. almond breeze

  • 1-2 t. cashew butter (or your fave nut butter)

  • crushed ice

Blend all ingredients into a nice smooth pink masterpiece and drink up! (No, there's no graham cracker involved but I think the flax and wheat germ give it that taste) :) Oh, and don't drink while driving.

But enough pretty pink---I know you want some mean green. And let me tell you, I never thought the day would come that I would put actual leafy green spinach into something for breakfast ! I am now craving them though and find they give me great energy and a much needed AM wake-up boost. I haven't gotten mine as neon green as some others but my magic bullet won't hold as much as a full size blender-when I add other fun ingredients. Try this tomorrow:

Mean Green Lean Smoothie:

  • 1 frozen banana

  • 3/4 c. almond breeze (or whatever milk you like)

  • 1 or 2 small handfuls of SPINACH

  • 1 T. of peanut butter (or your fave nut butter)

  • 1 T. chocolate protein powder

  • 1 T. vanilla protein powder

  • 3 frozen strawberries

  • 6 pineapple cube pieces

Blend, Blend, Blend. Drink it down! This recipe was what I made this morning and it did a good job of keeping me full for about 2.5-3 hours.


What's your favorite SMOOTHIE recipe???

No comments: