2/7/09

A Glutton for Punishment

So I've been doing some 20 min yoga classes lately from yoga download and I'm really enjoying it! I started with Gentle Hatha Yoga #1 and Lunar Flow #1, and then last night decided to get 3 new ones. I got:
Gentle Hatha Yoga #2

Hip Opening Flow #2

Heart Opening Flow #1

Well I decided to do the Hip Opening Flow last night before bed. Now, a. I have very.tight.hips. and b. Hip Opening Flow #1 is not a pre-bed, relaxing type class. At least not for me! It had chatarangas which I don't mind, and a lot of one-legged balancing poses, like eagle, which I haven't done in forever. But man, it did stretch my hips. And it was hard!! Crossing my foot over my opposite knee and hinging forward as well as the runners lunge are two of the best I think for working out tightness. So where is the gluttony? I did it again this morning! With candles :)

After yoga, I decided to have an egg. Followed by oatmeal about an hour later... I love the combo of eggs and oatmeal and it always keeps me full! I used to eat 1 egg and 2 egg whites religiously, every morning but now 1 usually does the job. Or 2 whole eggs is nice too :> I eat mine scrambled with salt, pepper, and shredded cheese either mixed in or on top.

My oats: (I've borrowed the 1/3 c. serving size from Kath. It's perfect!)

- 1/3 cup oats, 1/3 cup water, 1/3 cup milk

- dash of salt, lots of cinnamon!, capful of vanilla

-1/3 banana sliced
I topped it with 1 t. flax, a swirl of agave nectar, and a glop of peanut butter. It was yum-licious!
After b-fast I was super-productive and cleaned the house. I also took a trunk-load of stuff to Helping Hands- yay for clearing out the guest room! I got groceries at the little Wal-Mart on the way home and after unloading them, decided it was time for lunch. I knew I needed to have a salad to use up the lettuce we had- it sounded good too :> So I made this one:
On top of my lettuce was chopped tomato, 1/2 an avocao-cubed, some carrot rounds, shredded cheese, and warm seasoned grilled chicken. I thoroughly enjoyed it! On the plate is the rest of my carrot, some salsa, and some Newman's southwest (i think?) dressing- for fork dipping.
Ryan and I are headed to a couple's shower for our good friends Brian and Amanda tonight. It will be fun! We are so happy for them :)

No comments: