1/12/09

lotsa GREENS

I'm gonna try to make this short and sweet. It's 9:36 and I'm tired! Yes, I'm an old woman who likes to go to bed by ten :>

I've had some delicious green salads lately. The first I made at home with some sweet and spicy tuna that comes ready to eat in a little pouch- I wish I would have bought more than one! Along with the tuna, I added chopped tomato, diced carrots, soynuts (crunchy yum!) These all topped some mixed greens with some basil vinegarette (sp?) drizzled on top. Oh and that's the rest of my carrot next to some garlic hummus on my plate.
My next salad was at Ruby Tuesday's with Ryan last Friday night. I wanted to be a bum and stay home but he convinced me that I needed to get out of the house. I enjoy RT's salad bar...when I haven't been there in a while. For a while it seemed like we were eating there a lot. They have tons of options that you can top your salad with, as well as spinach, romaine, and mixed greens to choose your base from. I made a huuuuge salad and ate every bite it. Might have been a little too much- I was F.U.L.L. Let's see if I can remember everything I put on it:
1. Chopped hard-boiled egg 2. cherry tomatoes 3. diced ham 4. sunflower seeds 5. zucchini 6. green pepper 7. thin carrots 8. shredded cheese 9. honey mustard dressing for fork dipping! (there may have been more but that's all I can remember)

And my last green...plate! I found this pretty green plate with white flowers at Pier 1 and decided that I needed it. It was half-price! I tried it out by eating my leftover El Chico's meal on it: shrimp and spinach enchiladas that had too much cheese :/ and some spicy corn dish.
Ok, time for bed!

No comments: