1/3/09

HaPpY nEw YeAr!!!

December 31st was a fun relaxing day that started with Rachel Ray's Monkey French Toast for breakfast! I've made this recipe a couple of times and it is so good! It's perfect when you want a healthy, sweet, and FILLING start to your day :)



Ryan was a sleepy head and was still in bed when I made mine but after I cooked him up some, he liked it so much that he requested it again the next morning- but we had cinnamon rolls instead! :)

For lunch, we decided to make Annie's mac'n'cheese, which we both love, with some ground turkey. Well, somebody (me)accidentally knocked over half the box of pasta. So while I was mixing in some whole wheat spirals to make up the difference, my creative spouse spelled out a message to me on the kitchen floor!

Isn't he the sweetest?

Last year Brian and Amanda came over to ring in the New Year with us so we decided to get together again! But first, Ryan and I sort-of last minute decided to eat at Kyoto. They told us the wait would be 20 min tops but we waited for about 45 :/ . It was worth it though. Ryan got the hibachi steak and I got edamame with spicy mustard sauce and sushi- the california roll! I love their edamame with mustard! Here we are leaving :>

When Brian and Amanda walked in the door, we heard a horn type noise...Amanda brought noisemakers and NEW YEARS HATS for all 4 of us! It was so fun and made for great pictures. We had a great time playing Sequence and Taboo, and watching countdowns/New Years Specials on tv. We also toasted at midnight with some sparkling wild berry juice!



Oh yeah, and we had SNACKS! From left to right, Amanda's chocolate chip cookies, chex sweet/salty mix, apple cinnamon popcorn, these sour cream 'n' onion crackers, and some tortilla roll-ups I made- they were filled with cream cheese, shredded cheese, and salsa mixed together.

2009, HERE WE COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: