1/27/09

A berry good snack

I thought I would share one of my favorite afternoon snacks that I enjoy at my desk at work. Berry yogurt with flax! I put it together the night before so that all I have to do is take it out of the fridge, grab a spoon, and enjoy :) After trying lots of different yogurts, I have finally found my favorite: Stonyfield Farm Organic- vanilla. It is sweet but not too much and doesn't have any fake vanilla or artificial sweetener aftertaste. I vary the fruit I put in, but this bag is mixed berries (strawberries, blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries) I picked up in the freezer section at Wal-Mart. I like it! My flax seed is nothing extra special but I have made myself get into the habit of eating 1-2 T. a day in yogurt, oatmeal, whatever. I keep it in this tupperware with my measuring teaspoon inside for easy portioning. In this little glass bowl is about 1/2 cup of yogurt, some berries thrown in (maybe 1/4 to 1/3 a cup) and 3 t. of flax. Mix it up and eat! :>

No comments: