7/1/08

No 'Net'

Okay, that was dumb. But we don't have internet at the house. Over the weekend, the whole thing just decided to die and Verizon isn't coming to look at it (couldn't be fixed over the phone) until Friday. 3 days from now. I'm going through withdrawal over all my favorite sites: facebook, oxygen, the blogs I read now... what's a girl to do?

I asked Ryan, "what would we do if the internet AND tv were out?" I forget his exact answer, but it was something like, "lie around in misery." Does this speak to the too strong attachment we may have to our electronic devices? I mean, it's not like I feel the need to use the toaster every day. In fact, I'm not even sure we need a toaster. much less the 4-slotted beast we received as a wedding present. Don't get me wrong, it's really nice. But we never have toast!

The whole debacle does give me a good excuse to read- something I LOVE to do. I'm almost finished with "Theodora's Baby." The 3rd one in the 3-part series. I love it and love that I crack up out loud while reading it. What to read next...

Until Friday.

No comments: