6/8/08

Sunday night cooking and HOT YOGA

Another weekend over... I am thinking that a daily blog post is a little unrealistic since usually all I want to do when I come home from work is make a quick meal, flop on the couch, and watch reality tv. So I'm going to do my best here. Also, my pictures aren't turning out as magnificent as I would hope so I need to pull out the camera instruction and peruse those until I know what I'm doing. I heard turning off the flash helps.

I bought coconut this weekend! Something I never buy and have never thought of myself as a huge fan of, but I wanted to make some granola and maybe put it in my oatmeal.
I wwanted to make this: Peanut Butter-Peach Breakfast Parfait: http://lifeloveandfood24.blogspot.com/2008/05/first-things-first.html so I made the granola first.
It smelled soooo good in the oven! Ryan asked if I was making peanut butter cookies. I cut the recipe in half and used some of it for a breakfast parfait to eat tomorrow morning. But first I made a big chef salad for lunch tomorrow that included: seasoned chicken, 1 slice of turkey, 1 slice of ham, 1 hard-boiled egg, 1 slice of turkey bacon, onions, tomatoes, cheese, and pepper. I also mixed some salsa with my new Newman's Southwest dressing to eat it with. I can't wait!Here is the parfait I made for tomorrow: I varied from the recipe a little and layered greek yogurt (my 1st time to buy this and can't believe the stats! 160 cals for 8 ounces and 23 amazing grams of protein!) mixed with honey, pb granola, strawberries, bananas, peaches, and blueberries. I showed Ryan and he was like, you're gonna eat that for breakfast? ...This is of course coming from the man whose morning meal consists of a pb and banana sandwich EVERY SINGLE DAY. Mr. Predictable, and I love him :) What an elegant breakfast!
Besides the coconut, I had another first this weekend. I went to a 90 minute hot yoga class today around 4:00. It was pretty cool. You are totally drenched from the first minute you walk and by the end of the class, I felt sorry for anyone within smelling distance of me. But it was really challenging and I like the balance aspects as well as some of the stretches, which showed me how tight I am. (IT band...hello.) I plan on going back for more sweat dripping fun tomorrow.
Goodnight!

No comments: