6/1/08

Strawberry-Banana Muffins!

Thursday night I was in the mood to make banana bread, and I stumbled upon this: http://www.sugarlaws.com/strawberry-banana-bread/ and decided I would give it a go. I had all the ingredients so I headed to the kitchen and whipped up a batch.The only changes I made were using 1/2 frozen, 1/2 fresh strawberries, and adding 2 T. of brown sugar to the mix. It made a fair amount of batter so I was able to fill my regular 12 cup muffin tin, as well as most of my mini-muffin tin.
The recipe says to bake the muffins for 25 minutes but that wasn't quite long enough so I put mine back in for a few more minutes. At first, when I took them out and tasted one, I was not impressed. They seemed too doughy on the inside yet browned on the top. I went ahead and put them in this tupperware and stuck them in the fridge. When I tried one again the next day, what a difference! I loved how they tasted cold with a really nice flavor. The strawberries gave the muffin's inside a jam like consistency and I have been eating them every day with natural peanut butter smeared on. I am totally making these again!

No comments: