6/1/08

Loaded Oats

I love oats: in oatmeal, cookies, breads, muffins, pancakes. They're so versatile! During my senior year of college, I'm pretty sure I ate oatmeal every day for breakfast with the following: milk, vanilla protein powder, blueberries, and peanut butter. When I got out of school, I continued to eat it and somewhere along the way, got burnt out :( So now, I will maybe eat an actual bowl of oatmeal once a week. My everyday b-fast staple now? Eggs! 1 egg, 2 egg whites, scrambled- salt, pepper, and a sprinkling of cheese. And then usually some type of carb.

But Thursday morning, I decided to have oatmeal made with: milk, banana, ground flax, cinnamon, vanilla, sliced almonds, and maple syrup. It was good and filling, but maybe a tad heavy too. I like the consistency of baked oatmeal better, so I may be making some of that soon...

No comments: