5/26/08

Weekend eats, Memorial Day, Wahoo!!

I made potato skins on Saturday after watching "Healthy Decadence" on Discovery Health, with Devon Alexander? I think. I'd never tried em so I popped some taters in the oven and later that night, produced these: They weren't bad... but I think they needed something else...more salt? more cheese? less potato left on the skin? Who knows...I ate them with salsa mixed with sour cream.

Memorial Day!!! I made some yummy and brightly colored fruit salad to take to Sharon's. It was a hit! And Ryan and I brought home some leftovers :) I never buy kiwi but I did today...

Kati's Memorial Day Fruit Salad:

1fuji apple
med size bunch of red seedless grapes
3 kiwis
3/4 crate of strawberries
1 can pineapple chunks, no juice
1 can mandarin oranges, no juice
3 bananas
3 peaches
1 T. lime juice

Yummo! Now eat it!



After we chowed down on three types of salad, (normal, potato, some broccoli/bacon/mayo concoction) chicken and pork chops, beans, cheesy broccoli rice casserole, and ah hem...fruit salad ;) and a quick trip to give a tour of our house to anyone who hadn't seen it, we had warm thick brownies with HOMEMADE BUTTERFINGER ICE CREAM. It was fantabulous and I have got to get myself an ice cream maker.

Later we played, "Wahoo," a game Ryan's grandparents had bought...it was like a mix between "sorry," "trouble," and "chinese checkers." Ash beat us and it was a looonng game, but fun!

Oh yeah, one more thing, I watched 2 movies during this relaxing 3-day weekend: "Dan in Real Life," and "Pride and Prejudice." Love those!! Especially the second one

A wonderful weekend was had by me :)

No comments: