5/10/08

Happy Mother's Day!

This is the cake I made tonight! My mom, dad, Kyle, Kaleb, Karoline, and Kolton all came over and we had a great time. We ate and mom opened her presents, talked, mom and dad reminisced over my wedding album, and then we watched 2 episodes of "Till Death": Kyle's gift to mom. That show is hilarious. It was so nice having them here and I really enjoyed it. Happy Mother's Day mom! She is the best and I hope that I can be half the mom to my kids (future that is) that she was and continues to be to me. I love ya!

Ok, the cake:

1 pre-made strawberry angel food cake
1 box 4 serving size vanilla pudding
1 tub of cool whip, thawed
1 can crushed pineapple-WITH JUICE! :)

Mix the pudding powder and pineapple together, and then fold in the cool whip. Cut your cake in 3 horizontal slices. Spread the mixture on each layer...I had tons of "mixture" so I opted to frost the entire cake pretty much. Stick it in the fridge for a while. Top with strawberries and devour!

No comments: