5/5/14

IDLife - Meal Replacement Shake ~ REVIEW!


I'm always up for FREE. Always.

So...when my friend Melody was offering some FREE samples of her IDLife shake mix, I said sure! I told her I might even review it on my blog. This morning I wasn't running as late as I usually am so I decided to try it. I probably should have done the review using just the mix and some milk but I'm always wary of strong protein powder taste in my shakes. I hate it when that's all you taste!

I mixed up:

  • 1 frozen banana
  • 1/2 cup almond milk, 1/2 cup water
  • 4 ice cubes
  • 1 plop of peanut butter (that's an exact measurement)
  • IDLife Meal Replacement Shake mix

I blended it up in my Vitamix and drank it as I drove to work. The verdict? I liked it! There was absolutely no protein powder taste and it was super smooth. No grit, no chunks, just chocolate-y goodness that seemed like a milkshake. (frozen banana helps here I think...as far as the consistency/thickness. I don't like thin shakes. unlike someone else in this house


I didn't feel like I was drinking a protein shake. It was super yum and I'm looking forward to trying the vanilla flavor now. Here are some stats on the IDLife Meal Replacement shake mix:

130 calories
2 grams of fat
7 grams of carbohydrate
4 grams of sugar
23 grams of protein

OMEGA FATTY ACIDS

  • Omega-3 800mg
  • Omega-6 250 mg
  • Omega-9 96mg

The omegas in the mix come from micro-milled Chia Seed powder! And the mix is sweetened with Stevia

Thank you Melody for letting me sample this! I would definitely drink it in the future. :-) If you'd like more information on IDLife, check out: www.theidlifedream.com

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YUMMY!!! That's a lot of protein, glad to hear it doesn't taste like it!