8/15/12

I made a roast


So.  I'm kind of in a funk over here.  But I did make a roast. 




I've never cooked a roast before.  Sad?  I bought one though this past weekend and put it in the oven today with potatoes, frozen green beans, and baby carrots.  It shrunk.  I used olive oil and beef broth for my liquid plus salt, garlic salt, and pepper.  It was pretty good!  My toddler however would have none of it.  I don't know what her deal is right now.  I know she's working on her 2 year molars because it's drool city every other day.  But the meal time thing is starting to annoy me.  She wouldn't even taste any of this except for one bite of potato.  Then I tried to give her some spaghetti squash with sauce I bought just for her today and she didn't want that.  Even though she ate two bowls of it the other night!  So what did she have for dinner?  Bananas, grapes, cheese, and applesauce.  We really haven't been doing cheese for her but at this point I didn't care.  The child is in LOVE with bananas and grapes right now!  And she's already in bed for the night.  NOT NORMAL.

Anyhoo.  I can now say that I've made a roast and it was edible and even good.  Did I mention that I got a nasty 24 hour stomach bug last Friday?  It was m.i.s.e.r.a.b.l.e. and I thought I might die.  Well last night Ryan came down with it so he stayed home from work today.  I'm hoping he kicks it soon and that Karlyn doesn't get it.  She's grumpy enough without a virus. 

While we're on the subject of kids, can we just agree as moms that the whole nine months of pregnancy plus childbirth can do some pretty wicked stuff to your body?  I'm not talking about weight gain.  I'm talking about...other stuff.  Not fun stuff.  Yeah.

I'm gonna go now.


No comments: