7/9/12

My mad gym face


Guess where I went today?!



My husband told me I made a mean face. :)  And...uh...normally I don't take pictures of myself while at the gym.  Just so we're clear on that.  The afternoon crowd was sparse though and I needed blog material!  I worked out for 30 minutes.  I figured I'd start slow and honestly, 30 minutes is about all you need when you're working hard.  Today's workout definitely wasn't killer but since I haven't done much for a while I wanted to be able to walk tomorrow.

10 air squats to warm up~

1) Squats - 3x8 with 10 lb. dumbbells
2) Overhand pull-ups - 3x8 with 95 lbs. (assisted machine)
3) Walking lunges - 40 total (1 step = 1 lunge) no weight
4) Shoulder press - 3x10 with 15 lb. dumbbells

*10 minute treadmill walk - 2.0 incline - 4.0-4.5 speed

Yay!  It felt so good to be back.  And I've been HUNGRY ever since I got home.  I know it really wasn't much but I can't wait to work back up to heavier weights. 

I have to leave you with this funny :>  Karlyn was sitting on the fireplace brick tonight with her play spoon and bowl.  Spoon after spoonful and leaning her head back with every bite.

"Karlyn, what are you eating?"

"Supper."

:-)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Glad you are able to get back to the gym! Love what your little girl is saying these days!