12/14/11

Beep...Beep...Beep

Attention.  I interrupt this week's smothering of baby-ness and love for my ALMOST 1 YEAR OLD to bring you a picture-less update on life at the Ivey's.  Nothing too exciting but here ya go.

Ryan's been feeling pretty good and has even gained a few pounds.  Woo hoo!  We're glad about that.  Hoping a few more holiday pounds will attach themselves as well.

I've been super busy at work this month which is a good thing.  I've been working 5 hours each day this week instead of 4 so that I can be off on Friday.

Why Friday?  In case you didn't know, Karlyn's birthday is Friday!  I know, I know.  You know.  :>  I've been preparing, buying, planning, and I hope her party Saturday will be really fun.  Friday we'll get to spend the day together, go decorate, and get ready. 

She's so crazy. 

Tim.  Tebow.  Is.  Amazing.  The Broncos right now are killing it!!!  Ryan and I are watching a little documentary thing right now about last Sunday's game where they play a lot of what Tim says throughout the game.  I don't care what you think about his throwing motion, his lack of experience, or his displays of faith throughout the games and interviews.  The Broncos are winning and you can't tell me that any team wouldn't be lucky to have a guy with that kind of character and work ethic.  Ryan tells me all the time about these sleeze ball guys that go out, get drunk, and do things that normal everyday citizens would be arrested for the night before, and then go play the game the next day.  Role models?  Yeah, not so much.  I'm a Tebow fan.

I made cake batter rice crispy (krispie?) treats tonight for the first time.  Recipe here!  I wanted to practice making them before the party so I'm taking them for a co-worker's birthday tomorrow.

Did I mention that tomorrow is my Friday?  Yay!

I'm going to do nothing but CRASH on Sunday.  After the big party, we have an afternoon wedding to attend.  Just what we'll need.  More cake.

Oh, Christmas?  Yes.  That would be coming up wouldn't it.  I'm not done Christmas shopping and I'm a tad disappointed with some of my online purchases.  Ugh, when am I going to finish that?  I'm guessing next week in the afternoons. 

I have my last "monthly update" post ready for Friday to celebrate my sweet baby.  This has all been making me a bit mushy.  I told Ryan the other day, "I think I need a new baby Karlyn!"  He said, "Yes, but then that baby grows into the walking, talking terror we now have."  She's not a terror.  He was kidding.  And I was only half-way kidding.  Hmpf. 

G'night!


1 comment:

Emily said...

Awwwwww, so sweet how excited you are for your sweet girl's birthday!! I cannot believe our babies are almost ONE!! Finn's party is on Saturday too!! :) SO FUN!!!!! Can't wait to see all of your pictures!!