11/19/11

Just Real Life

What a day.  It started out great and is ending nicely but the middle?  A bit sketchy.

After eggs and apple cinnamon oatmeal with the girly, I headed to the gym for a quick lifting session.  Maybe I'm weird but I get such a RUSH from going up in weight!  I love getting stronger and seeing results.  I did front squats, pull-ups, and deadlifts.  And doing front squats just makes me feel cool. :-)

Once I got home, our plan was to shower, get ready, and head out for errands consisting of an Ulta stop and the grocery store.  We live it up on weekends.  I did have something exciting planned though.  I've been toying with the idea of coloring my hair.  At home.  Using a box.  Have you ever read the reviews of those things?  Not good!  At least a lot of them.  I still wanted to do it though.  I got a couple of brand referrals from friends and I'd used one once in high school and didn't remember being too emotionally scarred over it.  So...I wanted to pick out a box/color at Ulta AND get a new blowdryer!  Mine died while Ryan was in the hospital and I've been using a loaner from my mother-in-law.  It was working fine but I wanted a new one with the directed air flow nozzle attachment thingy.  That's an official term.

So we got ready to go *and this matters not a bit but Karlyn looked super cute in navy blue leggings and a navy and white striped hooded sweatshirt from baby Gap* and the trip didn't go so well.  About 1 minute er...30 seconds out of the driveway, Ryan and I got into it over something dumb and let's just say neither of us handled it well or acted very adult-like.  The trip pretty much was ruined from that point and yeah, that's real life sometimes.  We made up later and confessed we were both at fault and maybe I overreacted a tiny bit.  I don't want my blog to ever give the misconception that our lives are perfect.  So far from it and I'm human, as is my husband who is not feeling wonderful still and I need to be patient and understanding but sometimes I get tired of taking care of so much by myself and, and, and...long run on sentence.  Yeah, we're not perfect.  But that's how marriage goes.  For better or worse right?

Fast forward.  Ryan took a nap on the couch and my sweet mother-in-law came and took Kar for a few hours to her house.  I ran up to Target to look at their hair color and picked one that I thought would be better than the box I'd gotten at Ulta.  I also got a big tub of unsalted mixed nuts and some Godiva chocolates for Christmas presents.  I CANNOT LEAVE TARGET WITH ONLY ONE ITEM.  I'm pretty sure I have a problem and need to start a Target's Anonymous group.

I dyed my hair.  Made dinner.  Cleaned up the bathroom.  Took some pics.  ~via Instagram~





It's a bit darker than it looks here but it's only semi-permanent.  Fun change.  My child was such a ham tonight!  She is getting so silly and Ryan's mom couldn't believe how much she is walking!  I'm looking forward to a Thanksgiving get together at my Aunt's tomorrow and spending the day with my mom's side of the family.  Turkey for me...turkey for you...actually, I think we're having baked potatoes and pulled pork.  Traditional on Thursday though!

No comments: