8/14/11

Drizzly Weekend

We started off our weekend with a relaxing Friday and carried that theme on into Saturday too.  I heard rain drops on our bathroom skylight Saturday morning and thought, "Praise the Lord!"  Ryan had taken Karlyn outside into the backyard to enjoy the weather along with the dog so I joined them once I rolled out of bed.  It was nice and we just sat and watched the drizzle, hoping it would turn into more.  It didn't. :/









We worked on the house and got it all spiffy-ed up and then took Ryan's parents up on their offer to babysit.  We had date night!  Sharon had given us a gift card to Outback back in February for Valentine's Day and we still hadn't used it.  We had a lot of fun and were HUN-GRY by the time we got there.  Ryan had an 8 oz. steak and garlic mashed potatoes and I went with the grilled shrimp caesar salad.  It was such a good salad; the shrimp was seasoned up perfectly and their croutons are to die for.  We thought we'd splurge and get dessert too =)  Enter: the Sinful Sydney Sundae ~ a big whopping scoop of vanilla ice cream rolled in toasted coconut...dripping in chocolate syrup, whipped cream plopped on top, and surrounded by strawberry slices.  Heaven, in other words.



[caption id="attachment_2554" align="alignnone" width="500" caption="I love him."][/caption]

 This morning we went to church, came home and napped a bit, and I knocked out the grocery shopping, although not as energetically as that sounds.  I read some more of "The Help" and can't wait to see how it ends!  Oh yeah, and my daughter pulled herself up from sitting to standing today, holding onto the couch.  :>  I tried to take 5 different videos of it and catch her in the act again but wasn't very successful.  I'll keep trying.

Is it really Monday already tomorrow?

No comments: