2/24/11

Lovely!

Today was a lovely day!

What started out as drizzly grey (is it grey or gray?...I'm the daughter of an English teacher. Sad.) soon turned to SUNNY, windy skies!

I did something I've never done before.  I sat in the Target parking lot and waited for them to open.  When we left the house this morning, I just didn't think to look at the clock and see what time it was.  Stores don't open before 8:00!  We only had to wait about 5 minutes though.  I parked next to this truck and while I was efficiently using my time to clean out my purse, this old man came right up to my window.  I instinctively locked the doors!  I mean he was right there!  He goes, uh, your lights are still on.  Yes, thank you.  I'm still in the car, with it running. :/

They opened the doors and we headed inside.  I loaded Karlyn's seat onto a shopping cart and noticed the lady in front of me had just done the same with her baby.  Trying to be cordial, I said, "Oh, how old is your baby?"  "8 months," was the reply, as she proceeded to walk away.  Ooook, so no chit chat huh?  Don't worry.  I've just been cooped up in the house with a baby all week and am in no need of adult conversation.  No problem at all.

I spent too much money at Target.  Shocker.  But I made great purchases!  That makes it ok right?  I bought:

~A dresser for the nursery

~A super cool "grass" bottle drying tray

~2 baby shower gifts

~A hair magazine :-)

~2 magnetic lists (for To-Do's and groceries)

~1 set of note cards

~An iron

~A mirror for the car so I can see Karlyn in her seat

~Some pacifier wipes

~And this!



Super cool new BPA free water bottle!  I love it already and have been gulping lemon water from it all day.  I think it'll be great for home, at work, and on the go.

So yeah, I kinda did buy a lot but it was all needed.  Especially the hair mag.  I can't wait to peruse it later ;) Like I said, daughter of an English teacher.

***

I spent the day putting Karlyn's dresser together and tidying the house a bit and then we just got back from a walk.  It was soooo pretty but soooo windy.  I had some serious wind resistance goin on!  25 minutes of sunshine does a body good.  And it wore her out too.  I put her in her swing as soon as we got back and no lie, stepped into the kitchen to wash my hands and by the time I was done, she was asleep.  Score.  That means blog time for mama ;)

Can you tell the sunshine put me in a super good mood?!  Almost TGIF right?  What's on your weekend agenda?

I'm planning on a hair cut & color, a visit from my parents to see the finished nursery, and some baby shower fun at church :-)

TTFN!  (Know those initials?)

6 comments:

Shannon said...

There is no such things as "spending to much money in Target" It's stuff you NEED!! That's the excuse I use anyway ;-)

I got that grass bottle dryer for Lyndsey for the baby shower on Sunday. I had never seen that before and thought it was so neat!!!

Heather @ Get Healthy With Heather said...

I love lemon in my water! It's so refreshing. Cute bottle too.

Jess said...

It's so easy to spend too much at target, isn't it?
I am going home tomorrow night- I can't wait!

Amanda Estes said...

I'm looking forward to seeing YOU!

Mrs. Blur said...

Ta ta for now! Isnt that from T I double GRR? :D lol Happy 2 months to your little one, my little boy is rapidly approaching the 3 month mark :D
Also how did you cut out the night feeding? My LO wakes up around 3 am to eat but I havent tried to not feed him that feeding. He doesnt really take a paci tho.. :/ so maybe i'll just have to wait til he doesnt wake up anymore to eat.

Samantha @ Mama Notes said...

I looooove Target! I always spend too much money there! :)