1/18/11

Just another Monday

So yesterday as I peacefully wrote out my weights post with Karlyn in her swing (where she is again right now) I had no idea what the day would hold.  It's not like it was terrible, it just wasn't the norm.  Though we're not on a "schedule," she does have somewhat of a routine in that she eats, stays awake for a little bit, and then sleeps for a good hour and a half...or so.  Yesterday though she was fussy, restless, and HUNGRY.  The girl wanted to eat every 2 hours in the morning and what seemed like every hour in the afternoon.  She was taking little cat naps but nothing very solid.  I was tired from not much sleep the night before but even though I tried napping once she finally konked out, I couldn't.  That is so frustrating!  I can be exhausted but unable to sleep or turn my mind off.  I have random "to-do's" running through my head, songs I've heard recently, or I think I hear her crying.  Yes I'm crazy.

I started to get way stressed out and panicky that I wasn't sleeping so I finally got up and took a shower.  My sweet  mother-in-law had offered to keep Karlyn if I wanted a break since she was off for the day so I took her up on it and decided the gym would be the best remedy for my insomnia induced state.  Man it was weird going back in there after being gone for several months.  Luckily, it was an easy process for them to unfreeze my membership.  Even after all this time, I still saw some regulars I recognized and it felt so good to workout.  I did:

15 minutes walking on the treadmill. 5 minutes on the elliptical. 20 minutes of weights. 10 minutes of yoga/stretching.  I even rewarded myself with a peanut butter/banana protein shake afterwards.  It was delicious!

I came home and chatted with Sharon for a bit, fed Karlyn, and tried to make some dinner and pick up the house before Ryan got home.  Karlyn continued being fussy and really just wanting to be held or fed.  We watched some tv and then my sweet husband kept K in the living room with him so I could get some sleep in the bedroom.  We all slept till around 4:00 ish when I fed her again and then she and I slept a little in our room so Ryan could get a few more hours before work.  So far she's eaten this morning and is asleep in her swing...thank you sound machine!  I really don't think she's sick and am wondering if it is just a growth spurt.  So we'll see how the rest of today goes.   At least I feel like I got some rest.  Thank you benedryl!

Do anyone else have trouble sleeping, even when you're tired??  What are your secrets for finally dozing off?

 This morning I decided to fuel my morning with some-

3 Fruit Oats in a Jar!



-1/3 c. water

-1/3 c. milk

-salt, cinnamon, vanilla

-1/3 c. oats

-1/4 chopped apple

-T. of raisins

-1/3 sliced banana

-agave nectar

-1 almost empty peanut butter jar



Boil your liquids plus raisins and apple, and then add all remaining ingredients except for banana.  Cook until desired consistency is reached then add to peanut butter jar + your banana.  Eat!  It was really yum and filling :>

Here's hoping today goes smoother than yesterday and that little girl is happy and healthy.!

6 comments:

Jess said...

I was exhausted last night and had a lot of trouble sleeping. Hope today is better.
Also, that is my fav kind of PB!

Rachel said...

I was prescribed some lovely robitussin cough medicine with codine in it. That is how I've slept for the past 3 nights.

Jenny said...

I'm still waiting to be left with an almost empty nut butter jar. I'll get there soon! lol ;)

katiivey said...

I have to make sure the husband doesn't throw away perfectly good "almost empty" jars :-)

katiivey said...

Ah, codine...

katiivey said...

It's the best! Do you switch between creamy and crunchy like I do?