11/29/09

Gobble, Gobble, Shop, Shop

That's pretty much all we've been doing over this nice, long Thanksgiving weekend.  Eating and Shopping! And enjoying every minute :>

But not wanting to spend precious Black Friday/weekend shopping hours putting up a tree, I decided to do it last Sunday!  My husband and brother-in-law were intently watching the Broncos game so I hauled this baby home, took her out (yes it's a girl tree), fluffed all the branches (which took a while!) and decorated it!




I was very pleased!  This is a pre-lit 6.5 foot tree and I already had the ornaments and tree skirt.  I love having a tree up and just relaxing at night near it's soft glow :--)

Turkey Day '09!

My mom asked Ryan and I to make deviled eggs and green bean casserole (neither of which we'd ever made before, believe it or not.)  I also decided to make squash casserole and a vegan pumpkin pie!  We had a lot of fun cooking together on Wednesday night.  It couldn't have hurt too that we were deliriously happy to be off for 4 days straight!








Family at the table


The boys being anti-social ;>


My cousin's sweet daughter Lauren and I


Me and my sister Karoline


The kiddos feeding the ducks in my parent's neighborhood


It was a great day.  We spent the first half at my parents and then headed to Ryan's parents for the last part.  Double the food, double the fun...we got to watch the Broncos get a win on the Ivey's big screen too!  I am so thankful to have our familes so close to us.  It is a truly a blessing and we don't know what we'd do without them!

I did do some shopping on Black Friday.  But no I didn't get up at 3:00 am with the crazies!  I waited till about noon and had a nice morning that included pancakes with the hubster.  I ended up hitting Express, Charlotte Ruesse, and Target.  Target had some great deals!  I was supposed to be buying Christmas presents for others but of course found some steals for myself ;)  I got 1 shirt at Express and 3 sweaters at Target, all for about $50!  I was so excited!  I also bought some me some dvd pain :/



I've heard about Jillian's 30 Day Shred for forever now and I decided I wanted to try it. It's tough! I bought some 5lb. dumbbells and have already done 2 days of Level 1. It's 20 min of 3 circuits with a warm-up and cool-down and I am SORE from it. My chest, biceps, and calves...I'm so excited about it though and I'm going to start trying to do it before work each day. I've heard Level 3 is brutal!

Besides pancakes, I made a lazy morning breakfast of egg sandwiches for us one day.  "Nature's Own" english muffin, scrambled egg, shredded cheese, and a slice of deli ham.  Yum!  I really like these english muffins because they have 100 calories and 7 grams of FIBER!   You can't beat that.



Our mantle with stockings!


Dodger's stocking, awaiting a nail...


Dodger's doggie sweater from Old Navy!  Can't wait to put him in this ;>  It's an XXS.



His new toy bag from my mom



My handsome man enjoying some Sunday afternoon football.  I love you Ryan!


Hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving! 

No comments: