7/11/09

Raw-licious Desserts!

Ok, that's corny. My brothers call Ryan "Ry-licious." Is that any better?
I have been having the time of my life playing with my new Raw Desserts cookbook!!!!! I am sooo glad I purchased this recently from Amazon. I had heard of Miss Phyo before and have grown increasingly curious over the past few weeks in "eating raw." It's making sense to me, and I love the simplicity and natural-ness of it. Yes, it's foreign. Yes, it's weird :) But I'm open to that! And back to the book, Ani's recipes are incredible! I've only made a few but can't wait to make every single one. Only a small handful require a dehydrator- the rest are made up of easy, wholesome ingredients like nuts, fruit, and coconut oil, plus some everday ingredients any healthy cook is bound to have on hand. I am a HUGE sweets lover so I am giddy with joy over the fact that I can have a healthy raw dessert and feel GREAT about my choice. Here are just a few of the things I've made...

Mini Chocolate Lava Cake & Oatmeal Raisin Cookies!

Now the chocolate mini "cake" was supposed to be inverted...not like this in a glass :) but I made do with what I had at hand at the moment. SO good with the chocolate liquid center...


I passed a raw oatmeal raisin cookie to a few co-workers and they loved them! I agreed and these little delights are especially tasty with a smear of natural peanut butter. They're so easy!


Country-Style Apple Oat Cobbler

The Crust!...before being pressed in the pan

Two Fuji's and a Gala...sounds like the beginning of a bad joke- ha.

This stuff was super scrumptious and Ryan and I enjoyed it for Saturday morning b-fast.
This last little dish is "Almond Frangipane Kream" It took some getting used to but I like it! I thought it went great with our apple cobbler but Ryan not-so-politely declined :->
One last word...the oats I used in the "crust" are technically not raw but apparently raw oats can be purchased...somewhere. I am OK with using the oats I always buy at Wal-Mart :) If you're looking to experiment with raw desserts, get Ani's book!
Happy Saturday ya'll! ;>

No comments: