12/16/15

FIVE


Karlyn~

You are 5 YEARS OLD TODAY!!!!!

I can't believe it. Where did the last five years fly off to? Wasn't I just packing my hospital bag to meet you sweet girl? And now YOU are the big girl!

Karlyn, you are an amazing kid. You continue to blow your daddy and I away with your sweet and kind heart, the wacky, zany, hilarious things you say, and that you still sleep-walk to our room every night to sleep. I could write a book about you. You made me a mommy and you will always be my special, first girl and baby and hold a place in my heart that can't be filled by anyone else. 

Let's talk about what you're up to at 5 years old!

You wanted to be a mermaid for Halloween!

We took preggo walks together and held hands. #sosweet

You built an amazing castle at the dr's office using all the blocks and legos!

3 things you love: Daddy, His phone, and your Disney Princesses

You like to dress up!
Things you love~

Cheese. All your baby dolls and being a little momma to them. Paw Patrol. Picking out your clothes. Doing Aunt Ashley or Aunt Sam's hair. Braiding! You've figured out how to braid hair and can braid your own in seconds! *You'll braid anything...a long necklace at Express :-0, fringe on a scarf, and you try to braid my fingers. ha. The Target toy aisle. Watching YouTube shows about American Girl Dolls, "cake shows", shows about kids getting casts put on. You love being a little nurse / doctor and giving daddy and I check-ups. You say, "How have you been feeling?" and "Are you allergic to penicillin?" We think you'd make a great nurse one day! Doing "routines." You will talk out loud about your day, narrating it like you are talking to your YouTube fans. And sometimes add, "and you can leave your comments down below!"

Things you don't love~

Cleaning up your room on Saturdays. Sleeping in your own bed. Pretty much anything I make for dinner. Naps. 

Funny things you've said / done~

"Ugh, why did God make our thingers (fingers) turn into raisins after a shower?!"

"It doesn't get much better than this...holding your baby sister and watching a show."

"Daddy, you've been getting a lot of text-es."

"She's breakin' my heart." (holding Krosby)

"You look great! You look awesome! Although maybe not as awesome as a princess."

"Mommy, I'm not tired! I don't need a nap! I have enough energy to run down the street!"

"Mom, why don't I have any knee socks?"
"Uh, I don't know. Do you need knee socks?"
"Well, I don't urgently need them but they do make socks that go up to your knees."

"Sometimes you land on your feet; sometimes you land on your bottom." Talking about a slide...

"Actually momma, I think a pulse oximeter can only go on your thinger."

Hygienist: "Do you floss?"
Karlyn: "No, I just stick my finger in between my teeth and get the food out."

"This is the best part of being pregnant. You have your own belly as a table."

You also tried to give your baby sister a wet willy! Daddy stopped you.

Elsa hat

Even big sister's need naps.

Love you.

You decided you wanted to exercise and this was your outfit.

Always babies in hand. 

Things you like to eat~

Grilled cheese, scrambled eggs with cheese, vanilla yogurt, green apples without the skin, applesauce with cinnamon, oatmeal, PANCAKES! olives, cherry tomatoes, avocado, cheese cubes, mustard-glazed chicken, black beans with cheese (catching the trend here?) pretzels, and ice cream!

Things you don't like to eat~

You've become kind of a picky eater. :-0 What happened?! You eat a lot of the above and don't like eating pretty much anything I make for dinner...you don't like potatoes anymore, rice is hit or miss. Bananas are no more. I think you may have gotten burnt out on some of these. Oops.

Chick-fil-a date

Cheetah girl.

You got to open these earmuffs today for your b-day!

My little silly.
On turning 5~

We had your birthday celebration at Red Robin and you so sweetly remarked that "this was my best birthday ever!" Works for me! =) We were trying to fit in a celebration before your little sister came and we succeeded! You had lots of family there to help celebrate and we made a gluten-free funfetti cake with chocolate frosting. It was pretty delish. You got a pink purse and Barbie Glitter Hair Doll which you LOVED, plus a bunch of other fun things. You kept saying on the way home, "thank you momma for getting me that...I never thought this day would come!" ha.



Barbie Love!
You also got a baby sister this year!~

Karlyn, it has been so fun already watching you with Krosby. I know you have waited and prayed for this little sister and now she is here! I can't wait to watch you grow together and see the love that I know you will have for each other. You are right - she loves you and fits perfectly into your arms!



Sweet girl, I love you. I love that you are old enough to really go shopping with me and you have an opinion on things. I love your sweet, sensitive spirit and that you don't like to disappoint. I love how helpful you have been to me over the past week as a big sister, and I am in awe that I get to be your momma. You are going to do big things and use that little brain of yours in amazing ways!






We love you so much!

Momma and Daddy


2 comments:

The Killough's said...

Her quotes!! Love! I really hope she got some knee socks for her birthday too!!

Josh and Shan said...

Ha! Her and Josh share a love of cheese. On everything.

Happy birthday sweet girl!