11/22/15

38 Weeks


How far along? 38 weeks.
How big is baby? Baby is the size of a leek. Baby's length is roughly 19.6 inches (per my app) and weight was estimated at 7 lbs, 3 oz last Thursday.
Total weight gain/loss? 22 lbs UP. 
Maternity clothes? Yes. Clearly!
Sleep? Sleep has been OK. But I am up to pee all. night. It probably doesn't help that I take a swig of water after each bathroom trip. I added another pillow to my nest which brings the total pillow count up to...6. Yes, I sleep surrounded and propped up by 6 pillows every night. 
Best moment this week? Leaving week 37! It seemed like a long one! As one friend put it, I'll never be 37 weeks with this baby again! And...my wonderfully sweet mama, sister, and family threw me a surprise baby shower! It was a lot of fun and so special to celebrate the amazing journey we've been on.
Symptoms? Just feeling a little tired now and then and hungrier the past few days.
Food cravings? Sweet stuff, CARBS. I read something that talked about increasing carbs or "carb loading" in the days leading up to labor. Ya know, to prepare for the big event?! I really feel like that's what my body is leading me towards, because lately I've been really snack-y.
Food aversions? Nope, not really.
Gender? GIRL! Little miss Krosby Mae. (I did have a brief moment the other day where I was like, what if the baby came out a boy?!) Don't think it's going to happen though.
Labor signs? No. A woman in my December babies birth group who is due the day after me just had her water break...tonight! So anytime right? Or 3 MORE WEEKS. My OB said she would evict by 41.
Belly button in or out? Half-in?
Exercise? Some random walks here and there and a couple of easy upper body weight workouts using the exercise ball + some squats. As time ticks on, maybe I'll start taking my stairs up and down.
What I miss? Not a lot. Just anticipating.
What I'm looking forward to? Her BIRTHday! We can't wait to meet this little girl and it's kind of fun not knowing how the whole thing is going to kick off. I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving food too; not gonna lie.
Milestones? Arriving at full term! Although I'd read I think that full term has now been moved to 39 weeks instead of 37? I guess if that's the case, I'm right in between. But just knowing she could come at any time and it would probably be OK is awesome.
Movement? She's moving at about the same rate as she always has; she's only zinged me a couple of times.
Bump? Yes! Ryan keeps saying he doesn't see how she can grow any more. Oh contraire!

I can't believe we're really nearing the end. This is the home stretch. We're going to meet our baby girl SOON! 

No comments: