11/13/11

10 years...really??!

So...last night was my 10 year high school reunion!  After I spent way too much time trying to come up with an outfit, I headed to Dallas to meet up with my classmates.  I thought it would be fun to get something new to wear and how often do I get to pick out a new outfit these days?  Not very.  I had a $10 credit and a coupon to use at a store in Rockwall so off I went.  Poor salesgirl Mallory tried and tried and was very helpful but we could not find a shirt to go with the 6 different vests they had and once I tried one on, I knew I wanted a vest!  I finally decided to go with the one I liked best whether it went with the shirt or not. 

I'm really glad I got over whatever attitude I was sporting yesterday afternoon and decided to go because it was a fun time!  Not everyone was there but it was fun to catch up with those who came and meet their spouses.  They had a slide show playing of old high school pics...oh my gosh.  Talk about embarrasing!  Let's just say high school was not my best look.  Need proof?  No, I'm not showing you those pictures.  But towards the end of the night, they gave away "awards" to a few people in certain categories.  I tied another guy for "most changed since high school."  Is that a compliment?  :-)  Um, and since we tied, I got half the award.


Anyways, it was a good time and I think several of us thought it'd be fun to get together more often!  We only had 32 in our graduating class...very, very small.  But hey, I came from being homeschooled so any class size was big to me.  Here are a few pics from the night~

Kari and I

Rachel, Carissa, and Heather

Rachel, Carissa, and I

Kari, Heather, Rachel, Me, Carissa!

Group Pic!


And our momento :>


They had a little booklet made up too of questions and answers submitted by everyone but I procrastinated and didn't send mine in...and I also didn't even know if I was going!  I wished I would have though and I thought maybe I'd jot mine down in a post for this week.  Don't worry; it won't be very exciting ;)


2 comments:

Josh and Shan said...

I love your new outfit!

Amanda said...

So fun! I loved my 10 year reunion too! Glad you were able to go and have a good time!