10/25/11

Some Paleo Recipes

I had my first Paleo recipe food flop today.  I tried to re-create my friend Brittney's recipe for banana pancakes when I got home from work.  I had high hopes because hers looked delicious! 
  • 2 bananas
  • 1 egg
  • 1 T. almond butter
I blended this up in my magic bullet and cooked them in butter in the skillet.  No such luck.  Instead of pancakes, I got gooey, mushy banana bread batter tasting blobs.  Don't get me wrong, it tasted wonderful but looked like mush.  I will be trying again though!  I think next time I won't blend it, I'll just stir AND cook them on lower heat.  I hate wasting ingredients though...Brittney is doing a 30 day Paleo challenge with her gym and I will most definitely be borrowing the recipes that she posts. =)  She's a pro at this!

This morning I also copied her and made a pumpkin banana smoothie.  It WAS delicious!  And looked how it was supposed to :>



These were the best shots I got in my hurry this morning.
  • 1 banana - frozen slices would work great
  • 1/4-1/3 cup pumpkin (play around with this amount - I actually used two ice cube tray portions from Karlyn's baby food stash)
  • Coconut milk (1/4 cup or less - it was what I had left)
  • Almond Butter ~ 1 T. and you could leave this out but I wanted some fat
  • Ice cubes
  • Water
  • Cinnamon
Delish!  I want to make this into "ice cream" now with pecans :->

Brussel Sprouts Salad


  • Brussel Sprouts - roasted in olive oil
  • Grilled chicken breasts
  • Bacon :-)
  • Avocado
  • Apple
Roast. Grill. Chop. Combine. Eat.

Paleo Ninja Spaghetti

Buy a spaghetti squash and stab it repeatedly with a fork.  Microwave for 7-10 minutes depending on the size of your squash.  Cut it in half length wise and scoop out the seeds (some squash will come out too but it's ok.)  Scoop all the wonderful spaghetti "noodles" out into a bowl.  Top with your favorite spaghetti sauce and meat of choice.  This. Is. Awesome. 


I still haven't decided on a topic for Fitness Friday, although I've had some ideas swirling around.  What do you want to see?!

No comments: