9/3/11

Just one of the girls

Happy Saturday! 

Supposedly, according to Mr. radio weatherman, today is supposed to be the last day that we'll reach 100 degrees.  Let us pray that it is.

My sister Karoline's birthday is this month and she decided she wanted to bring a couple of friends over to see Karlyn before they went and did some other fun stuff...what a sweet aunt, wanting to see her niece to celebrate her b-day!  Karlyn just kinda stared them all down at first but finally loosened up a bit and I think they had a fun time.  My mom, their chauffeur, got to see her too.

Waiting for them to get here
These girls are so cool!
Cute
Mom, can I have unlimited texting?
Um, no you cannot.  You're going to be just like your mother and not have a cell phone until you're 20.  I wish I were kidding.

I am trying to get back in the exercise groove and went on a walk/jog last night AND this morning!  I also did some push-ups, which I told Ryan I'm going to start more.  They are a great exercise because they require no extra equipment, can be done anywhere, and work multiple muscles!  Chest, back, biceps, triceps, abs.  Once Ryan and I even started this "100 Push-ups" program where you increased your push-ups amount gradually and eventually you would be able to do 100 push-ups in a row. Wowzers...let's just say we never got there...or finished the program. 

I was proud of myself today because I took Kar and we walked around a new re-sale shop and Kid-to-Kid and purchased nothing!  Ryan and I had a budget talk last night and we need to try to get back on track.  Granted though, we have had some unexpected costs pop up lately.  I was excited to scope out the re-sale shop but it was really just Junior-ish type clothing.  Oh well.  I did have fun looking at the fall and winter 12-18 month size outfits at Kid-to-Kid and I can't wait to dress Karlyn in a new season's clothes!
 

No comments: